AWARE (Abstaining, Waiting, And Respecting Each Other) is the relationship education division of Life Options Pregnancy Medical Centers in the Lower Yakima Valley of WA state. We’re passionate about educating, equipping, and encouraging teens to think and plan for a healthy future.
We offer informative, interactive presentations for public & private schools as well as other youth organizations, and facilitate after-school clubs at the middle school level called Guys & Girls 180.
Topics covered include (at an age appropriate level):
- Goal setting
- Refusal skills and effective communication
- Sexual assault and informed consent
- Positive friendships
- The difference between love and infatuation
- Possible results of sexual activity (STDs, teen pregnancy)
- The impact of sex & porn on the brain (high school only)
- Effectiveness of contraception and abstinence as the healthiest choice
- How to build healthy relationships